Franklin–Orleans Street Bridge
Out of stock
It was built in October 1920, and is located directly southwest of the Merchandise Mart. Connecting the Near North Side with “The Loop,” is at the junction of the branches of the river, lying directly west of the Wells Street Bridge. It carries four lanes of traffic in the northbound direction, and sidewalks are available on both sides of the bridge.
Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company was the contractor for the substructure, and the Ketler–Elliot Company was the contractor for the superstructure. Original electrical equipment was installed by C. H. Norwood. The bridge is an example of a trunnion bascule bridge, with each half of the roadway is cantilevered out from shore abutments. The bridge is extremely efficient to operate.
The bridge provided a new connection to the southern banks of the river and aided in westward expansion along Wacker Drive.
Limited Edition: 25 AP
The Artist Proof Photography Print is issued in a small edition. Artist Proofs are individually mastered and are designated with the letters A/P during the numbering process.
Art Size: 26″ x 18″
Framed Size: 30″ x 22″
Frame Style: Modern White Wood
Matting: 1″ Smooth White
Cover: Non-Glare Acrylic
- The outside measurements of the frame are 30 15/16″ x 22 15/15″, and 3/4″ deep.
- The artwork is covered by 1/4″ on each side.